Friday 2 January 2015

Everyday Make Up

Hi guys, I haven't really written a blog post before or even know how to write one, but this is my first attempt of what I've actually wanted to do for a really long time but just didn't get a chance to.
I have been getting a lot of requests to talk about the make up I use on a daily basis. The make up I use isn't so fancy and can be purchased at most drug stores like Boots or Superdrug in the UK, it is really affordable so if you have an opportunity I suggest you purchase some of the products listed below. 5 years ago, I started experimenting with make up so speaking from experience, these are some of my favourite products I have come across so far.


I skip the steps of primer and concealer, and cut straight to foundation after moisturising my face. I have found that I don't particularly like using foundation brushes for my whole face so I don't tend to waste my money on them and instead use a sponge (The Beauty Blender) to apply foundation to my face, this makes sure that my make up isn't patchy and is evenly spread out across my face. If the beauty blender is a bit too pricey, you can always buy simple make up applicator sponges from your local drug store which are way cheaper and still do the job just as well. I use the L'Oreal Paris True Match Foundation (in W1 Golden Ivory) and I find that this foundation is really light and easily spreadable, I really love how it isn't heavy and still manages to cover up my imperfections whilst it evens out my skin colour, it doesn't give me a lot of out breaks and I think this is the best foundation I have come across so far.


I don't contour my face, so after applying foundation, with a powder brush, I apply the Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder, (in Peach Glow) all over my face. This powder literally saved my life as it ensures that no part of my face looks shiny or looks oily, especially in the t-zone area. It is really inexpensive and easy to apply, I suggest you pick this up if your face sometimes decides to look shiny in photos or during the day, and trust me when I say that if you're looking for a cheap but good quality powder which will last you a long time, you should buy this one.



My eyebrows aren't great, but most of you seem to think they are and ask me on a daily basis which products I use for them. I use the Rimmel London Professional Eyebrow Pencil (in Dark Brown) and blend the shape with the spoolie-like brush which is attached on the lid of it. I then use the transparent L'Oreal Paris Brow Artist Plumper to make my eyebrows appear tidier and thicker. Once that's done, I highlight my brow bone to give the illusion to make my eyebrows look sharper and more defined. I do this by just using a normal foundation brush with a lighter shade of foundation to the one I'm already wearing. Most people use shimmery or a light coloured eye shadow to do this but I prefer to do it my way. 


As you probably figured already my every day make up look is boring and really simple. I don't wear eye shadow. However, I do use eye liner and let me say that this is by far the best eye liner you will ever come across. The Max Factor Colour X-pert Eyeliner in Deep Black is waterproof so it's suitable for all of you cry babies like me out there and also has a really soft tip applicator that is really small, allowing you to draw the lines precisely, and finishing by giving your eyes a well defined look. After the liquid liner has settled, I get my pencil eye liner and fill in my top inner lash line, which creates the illusion of longer lashes after mascara has been applied. The eye pencil I use is the Midnight Black 101, Color Riche Crayon Le Khol from L'Oreal Paris. Finally, I use two different types of mascara, both from L'Oreal Paris. The first is the Double Extension Beauty Tubes. This mascara has two sides to it, after curling your lashes, the first step is to apply the white conditioner onto your eyelashes, which will increase the length of them once the conditioner has settled after a minute or so. The second step is the mascara, which coats over the conditioner, creating the illusion of longer and thicker lashes. If your eyelashes always get clumped like mine do, you may want to invest in a separate spoolie brush, or like me, use another mascara with a much smaller brush. The other mascara I use is the So Couture: Volume Million Lashes in So Couture Black which has a tiny brush, separating all of the clumped lashes from each other, creating the effect or more, evenly spread lashes.

I very rarely wear lipstick but when I do, it is usually a deep red colour. I use the Color Riche lipstick from L'Oreal Paris in shade 297 Red Passion, which is very a very bold colour, making your lips the stand-out feature of your face. I invested in the Barry M Matte Lip Paint in shade LP121 Pillar Box Red before this, but I have found that the L'Oreal one doesn't smudge at all compared to the Barry M one, making Color Riche one of my favourites. This lipstick also prevents your lips from getting dry which is a bonus for everyone with chapped lips. I love this lipstick, and I don't regret buying it. On most days however, I don't wear lipstick and prefer to stick to my normal Hydro Care Nivea Lip Balm which prevents my lips from getting extremely dry.

I hope this post was good enough for everyone who was asking me to write up an everyday make up list/tutorial. I tried my best and I really hope this was of some help to you.
Sidenote: I am not a make up artist/expert, I am just sharing my own method of make up application which works for me for other people

Thank you for reading!


13 comments:

  1. Omg this post is so adorbs and professional! I'm one of your followers on Instagram, congrats ! ��♥
    @gothicette

    ReplyDelete
  2. This actually helped, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you from Poland?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really helpful ::) love your ig too

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am going to buy that powder, my face always gets really oily. thanks for the tip ! ����

    ReplyDelete
  6. ty so much 4 this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should show us your own cosmetics :) I mean your own photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How long have you been living in London?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really like this post- will definately be buying the powder! Would appreciate it if you could check out my fashion/food blog on basilandvogue.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was really helpful, ill have to try out some of these products as I have been having a hard time finding makeup I like. Your IG is perfect btw, love it xxx

    ReplyDelete