Monday 2 February 2015

January Favourites

First, a massive thank you for the lovely comments left on my last blog post. Secondly, apologies for not posting anything else sooner; posting once a week was probably too ambitious but I'm really working on fitting this blogging hobby somewhere in my life.

Instead of doing my coursework I thought I'd invest my time in something I enjoy. Now that I have a job and all, January was actually a pretty great month for me in terms of buying new things and experimenting with fashion/make up. I came across some items and products which have now totally taken over my life, so I thought I'd get you guys addicted to them too.

A lot of you have noticed that I have changed my brow routine and ask me daily about what I use instead of the brow pencil I mentioned in my last post. At first I was a bit sceptical on Topshop cosmetics but I came across the tiniest brow palette in shade "Whatever" and I couldn't resist. I bought it without even thinking about the actual product itself, I just thought the packaging was cute. Turns out it's actually a really handy and an easily-portable product which can literally fit anywhere you put it; in comparison to most palettes which are usually the size of my actual make up bag itself. I really like this palette because it comes with a cute little two-way angled brush, spoolie and a tweezer, but more importantly it makes my brows look way more natural than the pencil; not to mention it also takes me about two minutes to fill in my brows when before it took me about ten. As for the concealer in the photo, that's my first ever concealer so I can't make any comparisons but it's good and does the job for it's price, it doesn't crease and feels very very light on my skin, so I do recommend it, but you do need a brush to blend it! I use my Real Techniques expert face brush to do so.

I know that in my last post I talked about how I don't particularly like make up brushes and hate using them but since then, my opinion has completely changed. Now that I've invested in some good quality ones, I get excited about putting on my make up, rather than it having to be a boring, everyday chore. Last week I purchased the Real Techniques Expert Face and Powder Brushes, which weren't cheap, BUT were really worth the money. They leave your skin looking flawless and blend your foundation really well, not leaving smear marks or sharp edges on your face. I also found that using these, I waste less make up, which is a major plus in my opinion. Moving onto the base of it all: foundation. When I get paid I go a bit crazy with my shopping, so, walking down Oxford Street one day I decided to stroll into the well-known-expensive-as-frick Selfridges. Being silly (like I can actually afford to spend money in there) I wandered over to the MAC Cosmetics stand and asked the nice ladies to pick out a foundation in my skin colour. Next thing I know I'm sitting in the studio chair getting my make up done by a professional, falling in love with the foundation, and purchasing it. To summarise in five simple words: this foundation changed my life.


I have never owned a pair of ripped jeans in my life so this was probably a good time to run to Topshop and buy some. High-waisted and tight, Joni Jeans are probably the most popular jeans at this moment in time amongst teens, and are also my favourite. They pretty much go with anything, trainers, sandals, heels, crops, tees and jumpers; not to mention that they are comfortable as hell and don't require the strength and energy to put on and take off like normal, non-stretchy jeans. The pair I got are currently my favourite pair of trousers I own, even though they do have knee holes which leave me freezing to death in the wonderful month of January, and now February. Second pair of favourite jeans are my American Apparel high-waisted jeans. Let's face it, we all know American Apparel is ridiculously overpriced, however you cannot deny that they do have some good quality products. Even though these jeans were £75, I don't regret buying them; they fit me perfectly and unlike most mom jeans, they are a bit slimmer at the bottom, making my legs look quite alright. A lot of people have requested me to do a post on how I style these jeans so I will most definitely be doing that closer to spring. Speaking of AA, I also purchased the both white and black micro-mesh triangle cross back bra and the undies to go with those, which are both from the Cali Sun & Fun collection, which I'm sure you can't purchase online on the UK website, but they definitely do them in some retail stores across the UK (I got mine from the Oxford Street store).

Hope you enjoyed reading about some of my favourite items this month, let me know about yours in the comments down below! Have a lovely day/night/evening depending on where you are. I promise I will try to write more regularly.

Links to all Items/Products mentioned in this post:

  1. Topshop Eyebrow Palette in "Whatever"
  2. Seventeen Stay Time Concealer
  3. Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
  4. Real Techniques Powder Brush 1401
  5. MAC Cosmetics Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation
  6. Topshop MOTO Bleached Ripped Joni Jeans
  7. American Apparel Medium Wash High-Waist Jeans
  8. American Apparel Micro-Mesh Cross Back Bra
  9. American Apparel Le Grind Glissnet Panty

10 comments:

  1. I've not considering buying a pallete or brow kit for my brows as I still like to use my eyebrow pencil. I'm definitely going to look into the eyebrow kit on here though that you posted as it really does look good :)

    Rebecca
    rebeccamariee.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see you styling the aa jeans! Would love to buy a pair of them too :)
    Elena
    missgwyn.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get your black jumper in the jeans picture? :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://store.americanapparel.co.uk/classic-crew-sweatshirt_hvt427 x

      Delete
  4. i want a pair of ripped aa jeans but i don't think i could pull them off. :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they seemed a bit weird to wear at first so I didn't feel comfortable in them but they're honestly just like normal jeans, you can style them with anything :-) x

      Delete
  5. Love it!
    You're blog is so perf, girl - I'm in love!

    adoorablee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love the American Apparel jeans, they were definitely worth £75, I bet they'll last ages!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blogs are so fun to read and also v helpful! Keep it up please xxx :)

    ReplyDelete